Virtual FCMP Coaching Skills Interview Workshop Set For Sunday
UPDATE: We’ve embedded video from the workshop into this post.
The USTFCCCA’s Female Coaching Mentorship Program (FCMP) Committee is organizing a workshop this weekend for female coaches to strengthen their coaching interview skills.
This 75-minute workshop is scheduled for Sunday, March 28 at 8 pm ET (5 pm PT) and is only accessed through a direct link, which can be acquired by emailing Rhonda Riley, the head cross country coach and assistant track & field coach at Duke University.
Female coaches in attendance will hear from a panel of strong, dynamic coaches from diverse event areas deliver responses to the most commonly-asked interview questions.
After that, attendees will hear feedback on those responses given by individuals who could comprise a search committee panel, ranging from coaches who have dual-served as academic advising/compliance/faculty, assistant athletic directors, directors and head coaches, etc.
Finally, attendees will be guided by moderators, who extract strong discursive strategies, rhetoric techniques and targeted story choices utilized by panelists in order that they can better recognize awareness within their own.
Here are just a few of the moderators/panelists for the workshop:
- Michelle Eisenreich, Princeton Director of Track & Field/Cross Country
- Ashley Bastron, Wake Forest assistant coach (formerly head track & field coach at Purdue Fort Wayne)
- Katrina Brumfield, Oakland University head track & field coach
- Brandi Bryant, Stephen F. Austin State University Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Services and Strategic Initiatives
- Rhonda Riley, Duke University head cross country coach and assistant track & field coach
- Kelsey Riggins, Murray State University assistant coach
- Angelina Ramos, UNLV Director of Track & Field/Cross Country
- Melissa Ferry, Virginia Union head cross country/track & field coach
- Janine Kuestner, Director of Operations at Champion Women
Remember: Only female coaches can attend this workshop put on by the USTFCCCA FCMP Committee. Please email Rhonda Riley for more information about the opportunity.